Who would have thought that a small digital thumb up blue would become one of the most valuable online currencies? Facebook focuses on likes, so it is no surprise that someone with a Facebook page wants to get more of these.
Why do the “likes” matter on Facebook
So you want to learn how to be popular on Facebook, and you are surely thinking of likes as your metric to define success. You know what? You are not wrong.
Whether we like it or not, likes are a key metric of the health of our pages, but not for the reasons that most people think. A like can be an empty metric, without importance, without a why or a higher objective to be part of the vanity metrics; However, you can also tell us about the interaction of your content. A like can be a tool to measure and optimize the quality of the content you share in your Facebook account.
If you really want to learn how to be popular on Facebook, you are going to have to learn how to use how I like the invaluable tool it relies on.
Pro tip: to measure your level of interaction by publication, we recommend using this formula “(clicks + reactions + No. of times the content was shared + No. of comments) / Total reach.” You can also use this formula to measure the average interaction level of your entire page, you just have to add the total number of interactions and divide it by total No. of people who saw your posts.
To learn how to be popular on Facebook, we have to talk about your goals. Set the goals of how many new likes you want to get on Facebook, and it will give you something to measure your progress. This will help you better understand what works or what doesn’t. In addition, it will show you where you should continue to invest your time and resources in your Facebook strategy.
Improve your page
For most people, Facebook will be the first place to find your business online. This means that your Facebook page, in addition to your website, can represent your company’s first impression online for current and potential customers.
Increase the visibility of your page
This is a simple concept that deserves to be repeated: you won’t have much luck in getting more Like or learn how to be popular on Facebook if people can’t find your page. These are some things you can do to increase the visibility of your page.
Create better content
The algorithm that Facebook uses to determine which publication of your page is shown in the news section of the people is designed to show them what they want, and what they don’t want is promotional content disguised as organic content.
According to a survey conducted by Facebook, organic publications that are “very promotional” have one or more of these qualities:
- They only encourage people to buy a product or install an application.
- They encourage people to participate in promotions and raffles without any real context.
- They use the same content of the ads.
Avoiding these features will help you produce content on Facebook that your followers really want to see, and Facebook will help you broadcast it.
Here are more tips for creating better Facebook content.
- Give people what they want. How do you know what kind of content people want from you on Facebook? Listening to them. If most of the comments on your page are customer service questions, try creating content that focuses on helping them make better use of your products. For example, a short video with “secrets” or alternative uses for your product or a series of videos or tutorial photos. Experiment and pay attention to people’s responses.
- Post at least one piece of content specific to Facebook per week. Companies that treat Facebook as just an advertising channel, often only post links to their blog and website. While there is nothing wrong with posting that on occasion, the continued promotion of your other channels will not encourage interaction on your Facebook Page (and honestly, it can be very boring). Create specific content for Facebook to increase interaction opportunities and give people a good reason to like your page. For example, create images specifically for Facebook or create a shorter version of a video and upload it to your page. You can include a link for the full version on YouTube or your website in the description.
- Aspire to share your content. When your Facebook followers share your Facebook posts, it increases your organic reach, giving you a better chance of getting more likes. It also indicates that someone enjoyed your content so much that they felt motivated to share it on their personal networks, putting that information in their name. This makes them share your content as a metric, one of the most valuable and important things on your Facebook Page.
Be sensitive and understanding
If you want to continue with your “How to be popular on Facebook” plan, you better take care of those who have already done so. Seeing comments or unanswered questions on a brand’s Facebook Page for many days, weeks, or even months can be daunting for potential followers. Answer any comments, whether they are in your posts or directly on your page.
Plan monthly campaigns
Plan Facebook campaigns that adapt to your general marketing initiatives or act as independent campaigns. Be proactive when planning these campaigns in advance and assign them to your general content calendar; you will have a provision of content to share that will help you get more likes. Before you plan all your campaigns, make sure they comply with the terms and policies of Facebook promotions.
Use Facebook Ads
On Facebook, computer ads have click rates 8.1 times higher than traditional web ads. In mobile ads, this number increases much more with a click-through rate that is 9.1 times higher. Therefore, one of the most effective ways of how to be popular on Facebook is through their ads.